Starting The New Year Off RightDecember 19, 2019 2:14 pm Leave your thoughts
It’s that time of year. New goals, new plans, new expectations. It’s exciting at first, but according to U.S. News & World Report, the failure rate for New Year’s resolutions is said to be about 80 percent, and most lose their resolve by mid-February. Starting the new year off right is the best way to ensure success.
Goals could include:
- Relationship goals
- Work goals
- Spiritual goals
- Health and Fitness goals
- Finance goals
- Don’t wait until January 1 | Waiting until you’ve gorged on crappy food and drank enough booze to fill a bathtub probably isn’t the best way to get motivated. After all, if you’re planning to hit the gym, doing so with a hangover isn’t probable.
- Start small | Setting small goals allows you to attack them more realistically and not feel as if you’re fighting an uphill battle.
- Give yourself permission to change goals | People change, goals change. Don’t be afraid to give yourself permission to alter your goals based off of how your life is changing.
- Visualize success | Success looks different to every person. Make sure you know what success is to you and what you expect it to look like.
- Develop a way to track success | Tracking your wins is the best way to see how you’re progressing and know where you need to improve. This gives you the accountability needed to ensure you’re hitting your goals.
This post was written by Cohen and Winters