Car Accident Lawyers Lebanon NH
Unfortunately, car accidents aren’t a rare occurrence. They happen every day and can affect one’s life in a big way. It can cause financial loss, emotional disturbance, cancelled plans, and more. There’s an overwhelming amount of paperwork involved, both with a medical and vehicle insurance companies, and the police department. All that on top of recovering from injuries. Attorneys Cohen & Winters are car accident lawyers in Lebanon NH and offer free consultations!
New Hampshire is a “fault” state, which means that the party responsible for the collision could be held liable for the inflicted injuries and damages. This in turn means that it’s the victim’s responsibility to prove who caused the accident if they want to pursue compensation for their losses.
When do you have to report an accident in New Hampshire?
According to the rules, any motor vehicle accident that caused death, an injury, or combined vehicle damage in more than $1,000.00 must be reported to the New Hampshire DMV within 15 days after the accident took place.
Make sure you file a claim with your insurance company right away. But before you do that, we recommend consulting your attorney. Once you file a claim, the insurance company representing the other driver can request more details about the accident.
What should you do if you happened to be in an accident?
- Assess the situation. If there’s an injury, call an EMS. You should notify the police as well, as most insurance policies require notification to the police within a specified time frame in cases when the accident is a result of a hit and run.
- Collect contact information of all drivers involved.
- Collect contact information of other passengers and witnesses if any.
- If you have a camera or a cellphone, take pictures of the damage, and the accident scene, including things like traffic controls, visual obstacles, etc.
- Notify your insurance company right away.
- If anyone is injured or the estimated vehicle damage exceeds $750, you’ll need to report the accident to the DMV within 10 days. If you fail to notify the DMV, it may result in them suspending your driver’s license.
Contact us today
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be too much to handle all at once. Cohen & Winters attorneys can take some of that weight off your shoulders.
If you were in a car accident and need legal assistance, call us for a free consultation (603)836-8453. To speak with our car accident lawyers in Lebanon NH
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation.