Car Accident Lawyers Hampton NH
Car Accident Lawyers in Hampton New Hampshire (NH)
The unfortunate reality is – car accidents aren’t rare. They on a daily basis and can affect a person’s life in a big way, physically, mentally, and financially. Depending on your luck, an accident can cause financial loss, emotional stress, cancelled future plans, the list goes on. The paperwork involved can become overwhelming, both with a medical and vehicle insurance companies, and the police department. All of that is hard to deal with and figure out while also recovering from injuries.
Is NH a no-fault state for car accidents?
More and more states are transitioning to a no-fault system for car accidents, yet New Hampshire is not yet one of them. During legal procedures, it is important to determine who was responsible for the accident.
Does declaring a non-fault claim affect my insurance?
Yes, it does. In many cases, your premiums will go up after you’ve declared a non-fault claim to your insurance provider. You would need to show sufficient evidence that another party was at fault to prove you weren’t at fault in a car accident yourself. This evidence may include the police report, eyewitness statements, photos or videos of the scene, and traffic camera footage
What should you do if you happened to be in an accident?
- Assess the situation. If no one is injured, call an EMS. You’re supposed to notify the police as well, since most insurance policies have that requirement – in cases when the accident is a result of a hit and run you need to show proof of notification to the police within a specified time frame.
- Exchange contact information with all drivers involved.
- Collect contact information of passengers and witnesses if there were any.
- Take pictures of the damage and the accident scene, including things like traffic controls, visual obstacles, etc. The more the better.
- Notify your insurance company right away.
- If anyone is injured, or if the estimated vehicle damage likely exceeds $750, you will have to report the accident to the DMV within 10 days of it happening. If you fail to do so, the DMV might suspend your driver’s license.
Contact us today
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be too much to handle all at once. Cohen & Winters attorneys can take some of that weight off your shoulders.
If you were in a car accident and need legal assistance, call us for a free consultation (603)836-8453. To speak with our car accident lawyers in Hampton NH. Contact Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation.