Family Practice

In New Hampshire, most Circuit Courts have a Family Division. The Family Division handles matters such as divorce, parenting petitions, restraining orders, delinquency petitions and abuse and neglect cases.

Generally speaking all of these matters begin with the filing of a petition in a court that has jurisdiction over the matter and the parties. Each Family Division makes many of its forms available on its website.

Once a petition is filed the Court will generally require service on the other party. After that, the Court will schedule hearings, direct the parties to conduct discovery and ultimately issue orders.

Cohen & Winters regularly appear in the various Family Divisions around the State,  representing people in the following types of matters: