Attorney Jonathan Cohen is an experienced trial attorney whose practice areas include criminal defense, motor vehicle offenses, family law and personal injury.
Attorney Cohen worked at the law firm of Bernstein Shur, PA in Manchester where he focused on personal injury, civil litigation and employment matters. Previously he worked at the firm of Twomey and Sisti and handled criminal defense and motor vehicle related matters. He has served as an adjunct professor at Franklin Pierce University, teaching courses in civil and criminal law. Attorney Cohen also wrote “A Student Guide to NH Criminal Law” and designed a program that was a part of Orientation for all incoming students at FPU.
Attorney Cohen has appeared in courts at all levels in every county in New Hampshire. He is an experienced and successful trial attorney.
- Trial Attorney, Bernstein, Shur, Sawyer and Nelson, PA, Manchester, NH 2007-2009
- Civil litigation focusing on personal injury, civil litigation, employment law and criminal defense
- Trial Attorney, Twomey and Sisti, Concord, NH, 2003-2007
- Criminal defense, motor vehicle offenses, restraining order and abuse and neglect hearings
- Adjunct Professor, Franklin Pierce University, Concord, NH, 2006-2007
- Taught criminal and civil law to undergraduate and graduate students
- Developed and presented program to incoming students at orientation about criminal law
- Trial Attorney, New Hampshire Public Defender, Manchester, NH, 1999-2003
- Criminal defense, motor vehicle offenses, juvenile representation
- Florida Collaborative Trainers: Interdisciplinary Collaborative Basic Divorce Training – 2013
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy: Trial Advocacy Skills Training – 2001
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO
- Juris Doctor, 1999
- Boston University, Boston, MA
- Graduated magna cum laude with a double major in English and Philosophy in 1996
- Member of New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member of New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of International Acadamy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of Collaborative Law Alliance of New Hampshire