Attorney Santoro has fourteen years of courtroom experience with an emphasis on domestic relations and civil litigation. After graduating from the University of New Hampshire School of Law he worked as an associate for law firms in Plymouth and Concord handling general practice matters including family law, civil litigation, and criminal defense. Over the course of his career he has worked on a variety of different cases and appeared before courts at every level in the state, including the District, Family, Probate, Superior and Supreme Courts.
He enjoyed a stint in public service as a Child Support Enforcement Officer where he helped single parents collect unpaid child support. This experience gave Attorney Santoro a working understanding of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Attorney Santoro brings a valuable range of experience to the Cohen and Winters team, concentrating in the areas of civil litigation and domestic relations including divorce, custody, and child support.
Associate Attorney at Cohen & Winters (2016 to present)
- Concentrating in the area of family law including assisting clients with divorces, guardianship, and termination proceedings.
Attorney at Granite State Legal Resources (2011 to 2016)
- General practitioner in the areas of criminal defense, family law, and estate administration.
Child Support Enforcement Office for the Division of Child Support Services (2011)
- Represented the State of New Hampshire at show cause hearings for individuals who failed to pay child support. Enforced child support orders by pursuing administrative actions, including license revocation, wage garnishment and reporting to credit bureaus. Familiar with the administrative structures and policies of the Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Child Support Services, and the Department of Safety.
Associate at New Hampshire law firms in the Plymouth and Concord areas from (2002 to 2011)
- Contract attorney for the New Hampshire Public Defender. Real estate litigation and transactional attorney. Performed all aspects of real estate transactions including performing title searches and reviewing title abstracts; drafting deeds, easements, and boundary line agreements. Consistently achieved favorable results for clients in litigation and through negotiated settlement agreements.
SAMPLE CASE RESULTS
Supreme Court Victory: In 2009 Attorney Santoro prevailed in the New Hampshire Supreme Court when representing a landlord against a tenant who fought her eviction. Although the tenant argued that the eviction was improper on technical grounds, the Supreme Court sided with Attorney Santoro and upheld the eviction. See the published opinion here for more details.
High Net Worth Divorce: Attorney Santoro represented the president of a Fortune 500 Company. This case was complicated by the numerous business, financial, and real estate assets involved totaling several million dollars. Attorney Santoro was able to negotiate a division of assets that avoided nasty litigation and left the client highly satisfied with the end result and Attorney Santoro’s representation.
Parenting Dispute: Attorney Santoro represented a father in a particularly messy parenting dispute. The mother, who had custody of the young child, filed for multiple Domestic Violence Protective Orders during the course of the case. Attorney Santoro successfully defended the father each time the mother alleged that he was abusive. The court ruled that her allegations of abuse were unfounded. At the final hearing to decide which parent would be awarded custody the court determined that the mother was an alcoholic. The court awarded the father custody of the child and the mother’s parenting time was reduced to every other weekend.
University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, NH
- Juris Doctor 2001
Plymouth State College, Plymouth, NH
- Bachelor of Arts 1998, magna cum laude, Philosophy. Minors in Anthropology, Sociology & Pre-law
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, The Knights of Colombus